The Top 5 Best Pirate Treasure Chest on the Market
One of a pirate’s most valuable possessions is his treasure. The whole purpose of being a pirate is to loot treasure from other ships or to search for treasure on islands or other locations. That is why a pirate chest, often referred to as a treasure chest or treasure box, is an important accessory for a pirate to store their treasures and other valuable possessions.
Let’s quickly review the Top 5 Best Pirate Chests and then go over three possible use cases for a pirate chest.
Top 5 Toy Pirate Treasure Chest Comparison Table
Top Reasons for Buying a Pirate Chest
There are three possible uses for pirate chests:
- Kids wanting to play pirate
- Storage needs for items, jewelry, and other keepsakes
- As a home decoration for pirate enthusiasts
A pirate chest to be used by kids playing pirate
When getting a pirate chest for your child, it is an important consideration that the pirate chest comes fully loaded not just with the chest, but other pirate loot and accessories as well. It would be futile for a kid to play with an empty pirate treasure chest if they don’t have anything to put in it. One completely separate accessory that we recommend to go with your child’s chest is a pirate telescope.
An ideal pirate chest for a kid would have some gold coins, and other pirate loot, like a treasure map or pirate flag to name a couple. Also, make sure that the pirate treasure chest is an appropriate size and weight, so your kids won’t have a hard time lugging a pirate chest that is too big or too heavy for them.
Kids also appreciate authenticity or at least a semblance of it. Therefore, make sure that the treasure box looks at least somewhat authentic as a real pirate treasure chest. It doesn’t have to be of the same material as a real one, as long as it looks as if a pirate actually owns the chest. Also, since kids will be using it, make sure to find a durable option that won’t break under light usage.
A pirate chest to be used as a storage option
As with any storage option, when buying a pirate chest to be used for storage of any items like jewelry or other treasures and keepsakes, an important factor is the amount of storage space. If you are looking to store small items, then a small treasure box is sufficient for your needs. However, bigger storage is also available so that you may store your larger items.
The best way to find the best storage space for your needs will be to measure your item and match it with the size specification of the pirate chest before buying the product. If you will use it to store valuable items, it’s also good to have a lock option to keep your items safe. If you want to protect your item from damage, a pirate chest with interior lining would also be a good choice.
A pirate chest to be used as a decoration for your home
Most of the pirate chests available in the market are beautifully made and aesthetically pleasing. Make sure to choose the one that will accentuate your home the best. Size is also an important factor to consider since a large decorative piece might not work well with a small space and vice versa.
Here is some more detailed information about the top five pirate chest toys in the market today.
The Wooden Pirate Chest Pretend Play Set by Melissa & Doug is the perfect pirate treasure chest for your kids. It’s made of wood and comes with assorted pirate loot including a treasure map, eye patch, loot bag, bandana and plastic gold doubloons (or coins). This treasure box comes fully loaded and even has a secret compartment and a hinged lid. There is also a skull lock that has bejeweled eyes. This treasure chest toy is recommended for those aged six years old and above.
Because the play set is loaded with assorted pirate loot, your kids will enjoy a world of make-believe playing pirate. This play set will inspire your little one to treasure hunt and hide their treasures, especially with the secret compartment.
The Melissa & Doug Wooden Pirate Chest measures 9.5 x 6.5 x 7.5 inches and weighs 1.4 pounds. With consideration to the price, it’s a very good buy considering it comes fully loaded with five other items, although it would have been nicer to have more than six gold doubloons in the set.
Since it’s a wooden treasure chest, you would expect the Melissa & Doug Wooden Pirate Chest to be a little heavier than your typical pirate treasure chest toy, and the top seems heavier than the bottom for some who already bought it. The latch and front locking skull are also not very durable, so you shouldn’t be storing your valuable pieces of jewelry in this pirate chest, but rather it is more of a novelty for the kids to enjoy.
- The pirate treasure chest toy set comes fully loaded with assorted pirate loot to make playtime enjoyable.
- The false bottom (secret compartment) makes the treasure box more believable since most pirates would most likely keep their treasures hidden to the naked eye.
- The pirate chest play set is reasonably priced and gives great value for your money.
- There are some durability issues, particularly with the latch and lock, although for kids this is not a big issue, especially with all the loot they are getting.
The Wooden Treasure Chest Box by Nautical Cove is the ultimate pirate chest that will fulfill your imagination and quench your need for pirate adventure. The pirate treasure box is made of real wood and accented with iron to make it look more authentic and aesthetically pleasing. The pirate chest comes loaded with treasures of 144 (plastic) gold coins and a pirate flag.
The Nautical Cove Wooden Treasure Chest Box is a perfect gift idea and can be used for playtime, decoration, and storage. The pirate chest is particularly useful for storage since it’s very spacious. It measures 8.25 x 6 x 6.25 inches. There’s also a latch in front that you can use to lock the pirate chest, by putting a small lock (which is not included).
Because it’s made of wood, it looks realistic and solid. It’s a rather heavy treasure box, and weighs more than many of the others on this list (2.8 pounds). Also, the treasure box is a bit pricey for a pirate treasure chest but this is due to the use of real wood and iron, as well as so many included golden coins.
- The Wooden Treasure Chest Box by Nautical Cove is a great-looking chest made with sturdy solid material.
- It’s perfect for storage with enough space to hide your treasures, like jewelry and other valuable possessions.
- The pirate flag is a great touch, and the 144 gold coins make for great play time.
- The pirate treasure chest is a bit pricey compared to others on this list, but this is due to the craftsmanship and included pieces.
The Faux Leather Pirate Treasure Chest by Decorative Gifts is made a wooden treasure chest covered with faux leather, and features a lined interior. This beautiful treasure box can be used for storage or decoration. There is latch at the front that can be locked (lock is not included) that makes the pirate chest ideal for storing your treasures like jewelry and other valuable items.
The pirate treasure chest also comes with 144 gold coins. If you want to use the pirate chest to decorate your home, simply put stuffing inside the chest to give an appearance of a chest full of coins.
The Faux Leather Pirate Treasure Chest measures 8.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches. As far as a pirate treasure chest goes, it’s a little pricey. Some also say that the exterior quality of the chest is not very good, with some buyers reporting breakage within a month. In this regard, the pirate treasure chest would be more suitable for decoration and storage, rather than for playing.
- The pirate treasure chest is beautifully made of wood and faux leather, with interior lining to protect your treasures (and other items) stored inside.
- You can lock the pirate chest with the latch at the front to keep your stored items safe.
- The 144 gold coins make for realistic and enjoyable play time.
- The pirate treasure chest is a bit pricey, although it is a bit cheaper than the Nautical Cove Wooden Pirates Treasure Chest Box.
This small wooden treasure box is the second Nautical Cove treasure chest on this list. It is a cheaper alternative to the Wooden Treasure Chest by Nautical Cove. It is also a smaller and lighter alternative. Measuring 5.5 x 3 x 3.5 inches, the Nautical Cove Treasure Chest Keepsake and Jewelry Box Wood – Toy Treasure Box only weighs 9.4 ounces.
The pirate treasure chest is perfect for keeping small items and treasures like rings, necklaces, and other jewelry or keepsakes. The pirate chest can also be used as a decoration for your homes, iron plating and button details on the wooden chest. The pirate chest is a mini version of an authentic pirate treasure box.
Considering the very mild price, the Nautical Cove Wooden Treasure Chest Keepsake and Jewelry Box is a one of a kind. Although it is a small treasure chest, it has a clasp at the front the can be locked.
- The treasure chest is a cheaper and small treasure chest alternative to the other wooden treasure chests in this list.
- The pirate chest has a great exterior, made of wood with iron plating and button decorations.
- The small treasure chest might be too little, depending on what you need the chest for. Make sure to refer to the size of the item and what you intend it for before purchasing.
- The Nautical Cove Treasure Chest Keepsake and Jewelry Box Wood – Toy Treasure Box doesn’t come with any loot like gold coins, which means they need to be bought separately for kids to enjoy their pirate adventure.
The Pirate’s Treasure Chest Trinket & Jewelry Box by Pacific Trading Company is a beautifully crafted pirate treasure box. It is hand painted and made of high-quality cold cast resin. At one of the lowest price points of all the items on our list, this trinket box is the perfect gift for pirate enthusiasts. It’s great for storage and decoration.
Although it does look like a pirate treasure box, the Pirate’s Treasure Chest Trinket / Jewelry Box is more suited for decoration and storage, rather than play time. It measures 6.7 x 5.6 x 5.1 inches and weighs 1.4 pounds.
This beautifully crafted, hand painted trinket box measures approximately 5½” tall by 5” and is made of high-quality cold cast resin. The pirate treasure chest is the perfect gift for the pirate enthusiast you know. The pirate chest is of good quality and has an authentic look.
- The Pirate’s Treasure Chest Trinket / Jewelry Box is one of the most inexpensive pirate treasure chest on this list.
- The pirate chest is beautifully crafted, made of high-quality material and is hand painted to ensure authenticity.
- The Pirate’s Treasure Chest Trinket / Jewelry Box doesn’t come with any loot like gold coins. This means they need to be bought separately for kids to enjoy their pirate adventure. This pirate chest is most likely not recommended for kids who would want a swashbuckling time as a pirate.
Treasure chests have been used by seafarers throughout history, and so whatever your needs are, there are pirate chests available that are flexible enough to meet any of them.
However, it is our opinion that the best pirate treasure chest on this list is the Melissa & Doug Wooden Pirate Chest Pretend Play Set. After considering all of the options presented above, we chose this pirate treasure chest toy set due to the nice size of the treasure box, the large number of included accessories, and the extremely reasonable price point.
Whatever you may decide to purchase, remember to choose wisely!